Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RMK Cheek Brush: A Multitasking Dream



Once upon time, it took me four, yes FOUR brushes just for powder, contour & blush! Ever since accidentally discovering the many possible uses of my RMK cheek brush, I've managed to cut down my brush consumption by 1/4! Yeah that's right, one brush to apply setting powder, bronzer, contour &even blush. How is this possible? All because of my magnificent RMK Cheek brush.



The RMK brush in all it's glory.

Brush head.
The chic brush measuring a mere 5.5 inches (140mm) in length fits perfectly into my makeup bag for on the go bronzer and blush touch ups. Aesthetically speaking, the classically designed brush has an elegant matte finish with its simplistic emblem printed on the handle. Despite its size, the bristles of the brush are composed of the finest squirrel hairs (I'm tempted to say grey squirrel hairs, but I'm not 100% positive) that glides effortless against the skin. 

With the very lightest of strokes, I can apply and buff any powder onto the skin perfectly. The squirrel hairs pick up just the right amount of pigment to allow for the most natural application of bronzer, contour and blush. With a little patience I can layer and build product on without having to worry about the obvious powdery appearance. 

The only real downsides of the brush are the acquisition process and the price. RMK is a brand exclusive to Asia so it can be difficult to track down. The price tag can be a bit hefty, somewhere in the $60 range I think, but it is worth the price and effort. 


Peep my bronzer pan! If anyone is interested, its GA Sheer Bronzer #1. 

And finally, here's a song that I've had stuck in my head all day:

I am so disappointed that LOLLAPALOOZA tickets sold out well before I knew that FF were performing. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Can you please tell what a gorgeous blusher is captured in the pic? Looks amazing!!!

    Thanks

    http://skrebka.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky,

      The blush is Kevyn Aucoin in Dolline. It's the perfect apricot shade.

      Delete
    2. Just looked up/saw the swatches. It is beautiful indeed!

      Thanks!!!

      http://skrebka.com/

      Delete
  2. I want to sleep on that brush! Looks so fluffy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look pretty fluffy and soft! :D I am a new follower :D

    http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk - Would love for you to check my blog out when you have a minute x

    ReplyDelete